At Hexthorpe Primary we have a dedicated Pastoral Care Team, who take great pride in nurturing our pupils.
It cannot be over-stressed how the pastoral care of all of our pupils is the responsibility of the whole community. The way we treat, talk to, interact with and indeed teach pupils all contribute to the quality of their welfare.
What is a Pastoral Team?
A Pastoral Team’s role is to help, support and advise parents and carers who have worries or concerns about their child.
How can the Pastoral Team help me?
Our Pastoral Team can offer support in a range of situations, such as:
- advice and support with your child’s behaviour at home or at school.
- advice and support about your child’s punctuality and attendance.
- other concerns you may have relating to your child that you would like support with.
- supporting you or someone you know who is suffering domestic abuse.
- concerns about any child’s welfare.
- support you to talk to your child’s teacher or to the school about any concerns or queries you may have.
- help you to access information about difficulties you may be experiencing such as money worries, relationships, health etc
- offering group work and one to one sessions with children in school.
- assistance with form filling.
Mrs. Kelly Garbett
Pupil and Family Liaison Officer
Mrs. Ruth Veal
Mrs. Ileana Ticala
Miss. Tonicha Townsend
Private Tutoring Services – Draft Guidance for Parents/Carers (Please note that this is currently draft form only)