Children who attend Hexthorpe Primary Academy acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding and ambition to prepare them for life beyond the classroom, enabling them to succeed in adult life as responsible and effective citizens. It provides children, their families and local community with an academy that brings out the best in everyone and stimulate a desire for lifelong learning.
As a member of a wider Academy Trust who’s core ethos is ‘Inspiring beyond measure’ we echo this sentiment and it underpins our plans and actions. We are creating a learning community across the partner academies which ensures all pupils are well supported, can reach their personal potential and are equipped with the necessary academic, social and life skills to ensure that they become effective citizens of the 21st century. We want our academy to be a fun and exciting place where children thrive upon success.
We want to ensure that every child experiences:
- exciting, stimulating and enjoyable learning;
- an opportunity to succeed irrespective of their ability and to be challenged in a secure environment;
- progression in their learning to prepare them to be effective members of their own and the wider community;
- the opportunity to form confident relationships with their peers and their teachers and be appreciative of their environment;
- to achieve independence in learning the skills of self-reliance and the ability to make informed choices; and
- the opportunity to develop a moral, social, emotional, physical and cultural understanding.
The academy will continually improve standards and progress in Literacy and Numeracy. Setting realistic yet challenging targets for each cohort of pupils, academy leaders will identify and deploy the right resources to ensure we meet them. We will also ensure an ethos of consistently high expectations for all children, irrespective of their prior attainment and background: challenging barriers to learning and addressing individual needs, we will develop independent learning and expect aspiration. We want everyone to experience what it feels like to succeed and develop their potential, and this high expectation will lead to standards rising at every stage, as well as being the driver for continually improvement to teaching and learning.